Perfect group of friends and relations, you can decorate your dining room with bunting, candles and pink or blue balloons (or both) – we can put simple decorations out for you. Call to discuss your ideas and to obtain a price on 01422 240024
For example, we can serve a delicious pink cocktail on arrival and ‘deliver’ a special baby shower themed afternoon tea. You might decide to try our best baby shower games below or arrange for a beauty therapist to visit and give relaxing foot massages or manicures. If you just want a table for afternoon tea, you can enquire or book a table on the website now.
Holdsworth House Top 5 Baby Shower Games
- Toss the nappy in the basket: Get a nice nursery laundry basket and a bunch of (unused!) rolled-up nappies. Standing around three metres from the basket, take it in turns to see how many nappy goals you can score in the basket. The winner with the most goals wins. The mum-to-be gets to take the laundry basket home.
- Mum-to-be quiz: Everyone loves a quiz. How many questions about your mum-to-be can everyone get right? Here are some questions to start you off: Mum’s eye colour? Weight of mum when she was born? Current waist measurement? Mum’s star sign?
- Nappy race: How fast can you put a nappy on a doll? One at a time, everyone races with the mum-to-be to see how fast they can put a nappy on a doll. Gives the mum-to-be any practice she may need!
- Best advice: What’s everyone’s best bit of advice for the new mum and dad? Ask everyone to write their advice down in a large card or notebook to give as a keepsake.
- Word search: Print copies of our Baby Shower Word Search (opens in PDF) and let everyone have a go while they’re enjoying their afternoon tea.
Download our image to print on to card for your baby shower invitations. Or download the image as a PDF