“Holdsworth House”, “we”, “us”, “our property”, “our business” and “our hotel” refer to the Cavalier Country Club Ltd (trading as Holdsworth House Hotel and Restaurant) a limited liability company incorporated under UK laws, and having its registered address at Holdsworth Road, Halifax, HX2 9TG, United Kingdom.
“You”, “your”, “guest” refers to you the guest, customer or potential customer of Holdsworth House.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Check-in is from 2.00pm and check-out is 11.00am
- You’ll need a credit card to secure your booking
- †You can cancel up to 24-hours in advance of your stay, unless otherwise stated when booking or on your confirmation. After this time the full cost will be charged to your card
- All extras must be settled in full prior to departure
- ATTENDING A WEDDING: Holdsworth House Hotel is a one wedding venue and as such is, regrettably, unable to accommodate any couples or guests attending a wedding at an alternative venue. We have, for many years, made the guarantee to our couples that they and their guests are the only wedding guests permitted access to Holdsworth House for any 24-hour period. Please note, this access is not limited to the bedrooms; it also includes the public areas and our gardens. Any bookings made through a third party website, which is found to be connected with a wedding taking place at another venue, will be immediately cancelled by Holdsworth House Hotel, refunded of any payments made and the guest will be duly notified at the earliest opportunity.
STANDARD RATES: (Bed and Breakfast per room per night including VAT.)
- Snug Double £210.00
- House Double £250.00
- Suite £295.00
- Early check-in £20.00 per room per stay*
- Late check-out £20.00 per room per room per stay*
* Subject to availability please check before booking.
If you do not agree to our Policy you should discontinue using our online services and phone us instead with your query or booking on 01422 240024, indicating how you wish us to use and/or process your data.
The Information We Collect and Use
At every touch point or interaction with you, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information about you. This information may include: your contact information; information related to your booking, a stay or visit to Holdsworth House; participation in a membership or loyalty program; participation in a sweepstakes or marketing program (even if you do not stay at our hotel); information related to the purchase and receipt of products or services; personal characteristics, nationality, income, passport number and date and place of issue; travel history; payment information; guest preferences; marketing and communication preferences; information about vehicles you may bring onto our property; reviews and opinions about our hotel (if they are identified or associated with you); groups with which you are associated for stays at hotels; transaction and correspondence details; and other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain from third parties.
We may also record details on joint travellers, including their names. We may also collect and keep information and records related to conversations, including recording or monitoring customer service calls.
Surveys: We may request demographic data or other personal information in customer surveys.
On-property collection: Local statutory laws may require that we collect additional personal information during registration/check-in. We may also use closed circuit television and other security measures at our property that may capture or record images of you and visitors in public areas and information related to your location while on our property via other technologies. We may also use other technologies that record sound or video to protect our staff.
Event Profiles: If you plan an event, meeting or wedding with us, we collect event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for corporate events, information on your organisation (name, annual budget, and number of events per year). We also collect information about the guests that are a part of your group or event. If you visit us as part of a group, we may have personal information about you provided to us by the group and may market to you as a result of your stay with a group or attendance at an event. If you visit us as part of an event, we may share personal information about you with the event planners so they may include you as part of the event. If you are an event planner we may also share information about your event with third-party service providers who may market or provide event services to you.
Social Media: If you choose to participate in Holdsworth House-sponsored social media activities or offerings, we may tag you or mention you or collect and share certain information from your social media account (consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, posts, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list). You should understand that you may be subject to the terms and conditions and any privacy policies of the social media site and that Holdsworth House is not responsible for your activities on social media sites.
Forward-To-A-Friend: From time to time, we may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend, whether via the Internet, a stand-alone kiosk or mobile. If you choose to do so, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include, or you may be able to use a pre-populated message. By using this feature, you represent that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
Employment Applications: If you choose to apply for employment with us we may collect data on your work history and addresses, home address, age, nationality, ethnicity. By applying for a position within our hotel you knowingly provide the information that may be used and shared amongst personnel who will be assessing your details in relation to the vacancy in hand.
Holdsworth House Website: We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit or use our website pages at www.holdsworthhouse.co.uk. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. We may use this information for three general purposes: to customise the content you see, to fulfil your requests for certain services and information, and to contact you.
It also means we can use details about how you’ve interacted with the site, such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you enter into various fields. We make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement. This may include advertisements on third-party websites.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org and the help section of your browser. In the settings for browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain Cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes through Google Analytics from certain browser types, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (only for desktop).
Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
In addition to the information we collect from you direct, we may also collect or infer information about you based on the information you provide to us or from Other Information we receive. (See below for more details about “Other Information.”) We also collect information about you from third parties, including information from our accommodation booking engine, online payment gateways, marketing partners, linked social media sites consistent with your settings on such sites, such as social media sign-on programs, and from third-party sources. We may append this information to the information we have on file for you and share it with others consistent with this Policy.
Security Procedures to Safeguard your Personal Data
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
When your full credit card details are needed as part of the reservation process, we do not store them on our system; a carefully selected, market leading, secure third party transactional partner is used to process payments to ensure your maximum security.
Use of Personal Information Collected About You
We use your personal information to provide the services you request from Holdsworth House, or which are part of a program you have joined or a purchase you have made.
We also use your personal information to provide you with information about meeting and event planning and access to specific account information for administrative purposes.
In addition, we may use your information to: improve Holdsworth House’s services; provide you with the expected level of hospitality; ensure our site, products and services are of interest to you; process enrolments and applications; and facilitate collections.
We also use the information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, other marketing communications, product or service awareness marketing, to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, prize draws, and other contests. We may provide these communications online, via email, telephone, mobile/text messaging (including SMS and MMS) and postal mail. We may also aggregate your personal information with data from third-party sources for purposes of data hygiene and analytics. We do not have any mechanism for verifying your email address, so it is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct (and preferred) email address for you.
Your data may be processed using automated decision-making systems for the use of profiling. Profiling allows us to improve or identify products and services that we think may be of interest to you based on your geographical location, behaviours or social-economic demographics.
How We Share Personal Information
Group Events or Meetings: If you visit Holdsworth House as part of a wedding, group event or meeting, information collected for event planning may be shared with the organisers of those meetings and events, and, where appropriate, guests who organise or participate in the meeting or event.
Business Partners: From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide our information, products or services to you. The process of providing that service or information may require the sharing of your information. For example, we may use a marketing consultant (Hey Marketing Ltd) and software companies (Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor) to process marketing communications on our behalf. We may partner with a third party website (Eventbrite) to process ticket registration or generate business bookings or enquiries and thereby jointly collect your information and your contact details that we will use in accordance with our Use of Personal Information Collected About You policy above. You should take time to read and understand any privacy policies associated with third party business partners as we are not responsible for their use of your data.
Co-sponsors of Promotions: We may co-sponsor promotions, sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions, events or contests with other companies, or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes, events or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third-party sponsor. We may also share your information with the general public in order to process any prize giving.
On and Off-property Services: We may share personal information with third-party providers of on-property services that provide services such as beauty treatments or off-site third-party partners such as local booking tee-times for you at local golf courses, or table reservations for dining experiences.
Service Providers: We rely on third party service providers to provide certain products and services, such as to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations, secure credit/debit card billing, reservations services, providing services in connection with our websites; communicating news and delivering promotional and transactional materials via email, direct mail, and online and mobile advertising; processing credit card transactions, data hygiene and enhancement services; professional services such as accounting, auditing and legal advice; investigating accident reports; processing insurance claims; and administering sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions and customer surveys. Holdsworth House will disclose personal information to service providers for processing as appropriate and reasonable.
Business Transactions: As we develop our business, we might sell, buy, restructure or reorganise businesses or assets. In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, Holdsworth House may, in its sole and absolute discretion, transfer, sell or assign information collected, including, without limitation, Other Information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
Telemarketing: We may receive your telephone number from our partners or from other sources, which we may use for telemarketing purposes.
Other: In addition, Holdsworth House may disclose personal information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental enquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Holdsworth House, site visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites’ terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
Information Sharing and Disclosure: We will not sell or rent your information to anyone. We will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Holdsworth House to provide a product, our information and offers or services to you (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process;
- We find that your actions on us violate the above terms of service, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
The term “sensitive information” refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless you volunteer it. We may use health data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs.
Personal Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our site and our mobile applications may contain links to third parties’ websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties.
Protecting Personal Information
Holdsworth House will take reasonable measures to: (i) protect personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you.
For online transactions, we use reasonable technology to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Our system adopts PCI compliant payment gateway for built-in credit card security. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
We will not contact you by mobile/text messaging or email to ask for your confidential personal information or credit card details. We will only ask for your confidential personal information or credit card details by telephone when you are booking a reservation, paying a balance or promotional package by telephone. If you receive this type of request, you should not respond to it. We also ask that you please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing and Accessing Your Personal Information
You can request us to provide you with the personal information we hold about you and request that we update, correct and/or suppress personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within a reasonable time. Such requests must be submitted in writing to the following address: Holdsworth House General Manager, Holdsworth House, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9TG, England or via email to email@example.com. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
In addition you may request that we cease sharing personal information about you with our business partners or that Holdsworth House ceases using your personal information by sending your written request to Holdsworth House General Manager, Holdsworth House, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9TG, England. We will seek to honour those requests consistently with applicable law and within a reasonable time.
Retaining Personal Information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Choices – Marketing Communications
If you have given us your consent and contact information (postal address, fax number, email address or phone number), via any means (on booking, check-in, third party website, social media platform or any other means and medium) we may inform you about our news, products and services or invite you to events by email, e-newsletter, telephone, mobile/text messaging (including SMS and MMS) or post.
You may change the communications you receive from us or withdraw your consent for marketing communications at any time by writing to us (and including your email address) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Holdsworth House General Manager, Holdsworth House, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9TG, England.
Please note, however, that if you change the communications you receive from us as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of affiliates, franchisees or business partners with whom we have already shared your personal information (i.e., to whom we have already provided your personal information as of the date of your opt-out request). If you prefer not to receive email marketing materials from us, you may opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe function in any e-newsletter that you receive from us.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the site. Use of the site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
Data Controller - Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Holdsworth House processes your personal information, please contact our Data Controller by email at email@example.com or by postal mail to Holdsworth House Data Controller, Holdsworth House, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9TG, England
If you have any complaint about the use of your data or information privacy please contact us in the first instance and we will do everything we can to rectify the situation. If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on telephone 0303 1231113 (call charges may apply) or visit their website.
PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people aged 18 and over who provide their email address and sign up to our mailing list.
- Employees or agencies of Holdsworth House Hotel ("HHH", "We") its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from HHH containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must complete Newsletter sign-up form and submit your name and email address. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Prize Draw in the subject line.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- HHH accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by HHH.
- The Prize Draw is on going until 31 December 2020. You will be eligible as long as you remain signed up to the newsletter.
- Three winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on the last Friday of each month from November 29th 2019 until 31 December 2020.
- Each month the prizes of Holdsworth House e-gift vouchers that are valid for three months from the date of issue will be as follows: draw one £50; draw two £20; draw three £10.
- HHH accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize (including, without limitation, travel to and from the restaurant).
- The winner will be notified by email on the day of the draw. If a winner does not respond to HHH within 14 days of being notified by HHH, the prize will be forfeited and HHH shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and HHH shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- HHH retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on HHH's reasonable request.
- HHH reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of HHH in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- HHH shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Holdsworth House Hotel, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9TG
USING OUR WEBSITE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accessing our websites at www.holdsworthhouse.co.uk, you agree to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law(s). If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not use the sites:
- All the information and material provided on our website is solely for illustrative purposes. It is not intended to and does not create any business, contractual or employment relationship with Holdsworth House;
- All the information, contents, text, images, including but not limited to html code, photography and buttons is the property of Holdsworth House and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without our express, advance, written consent;
- The information on this site is provided free of charge and for informational purposes. Links on this site may lead to services or sites not operated by Holdsworth House. No judgment or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and Holdsworth House takes no responsibility for such other sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service. Any use you make of the information provided on this site, or any site or service linked to by this site, is at your own risk;
- This site is provided “as is” and Holdsworth House expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose;
- In no event shall Holdsworth House Hotel or any of its employees or contractors be liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the information or material on this website, including but not limited to actual, consequential, direct, exemplary, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages;
- All trademarks used or referred to in this site are the property of their respective owners;
- “Holdsworth House Hotel” and the Holdsworth House logo are trademarks of Holdsworth House.
MODERN SLAVERY ACT
This statement is made pursuant to s54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 for the financial year ending 30th April 2020, and sets out the steps that Holdsworth House Hotel has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within its business or supply chain.
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 creates offences in respect of slavery, servitude, forced or compulsory labour and human trafficking ("Modern Slavery"). Holdsworth House Hotel is committed to combatting all forms of Modern Slavery.
Holdsworth House Hotel is committed to operating with integrity and accountability, both within its organisation and in all relationships with suppliers and other partners.
Holdsworth House Hotel recognises that Modern Slavery includes the risks that arise from the use of foreign and migrant labour, and from supply chains both in the UK and overseas.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The existing policies and procedures of Holdsworth House Hotel, which assist in combatting Modern Slavery, include:
Modern Slavery Policy – This reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking are not taking place anywhere in our supply chains
Code of conduct for Suppliers - issued to all suppliers and contractors, the Code requires positive confirmation of compliance;
Recruitment – Holdsworth House Hotel conducts robust checks on any new employee including eligibility to work in the UK to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will;
Whistleblowing Policy – Holdsworth House Hotel has a whistleblowing policy so that all employees can raise any concerns that they might have without fear of reprisals;
Central register of recruitment agents and supplier contracts.
Holdsworth House Hotel will only work with suppliers who formally confirm full compliance with its policies and exhibit due diligence in monitoring their own supply chains. The demonstration of this compliance is of extreme importance, and is verified by risk assessment through random visits to supplier premises, and regular review of suppliers, their policies and by monitoring their on-line and media reputations.
Key Performance Indicators:
Number of incidents or complaints of slavery and human trafficking reported under Holdsworth House Hotel’s Whistleblowing Policy or otherwise;
Number of staff trained on Anti-Slavery and Whistleblowing Policies;
Remedial actions required as a consequence of incidents or complaints recorded.
TRAINING FOR STAFF
Training is conducted for team members to ensure an understanding of the signs of modern slavery and to explain whistleblowing. All senior managers attend a Health and Safety for Managers course, which provides additional training. The topic is reviewed during regular HR team conference calls.
Holdsworth House Hotel has a dedicated compliance team, which consists of involvement from the following departments:
In the forthcoming year, Holdsworth House Hotel intends to take further additional steps including:
Expanding due diligence on contractors, subcontractors and suppliers;
Additional Modern Slavery training across the departments through the development of additional on-line and face-to-face dedicated training courses;
Regular reviews to monitor the effectiveness of the compliance programme.
This statement was approved by the Board of Directors on 01 May 2019
WEDDING RECOMMEND A FRIEND OFFER TERMS
If you recommend a friend to get married at Holdsworth House, and they subsequently book their wedding with us, we will provide them with one gift voucher (for an overnight stay for two people in a Snug Double room including £30 per person allocation to dine from the a la carte menu) to give to you. The voucher will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue, preferred dates are subject to availability and exclude February 14. Only one voucher will be issued per confirmed wedding. The wedding must be minimum 50 day and 50 evening guests. It is the reponsibility of the person(s) who signs the wedding contract to pass the voucher to you and no further correspondence will be entered into. Should the wedding cancel, the voucher will become null and void. The manager's decision is final. No cash alternative or discount. Voucher cannot be transferred or extended beyond the expiry date. This recommend a friend offer is valid 13 December 2019 until 31 December 2020, for new bookings only.