Holdsworth House is officially one of Yorkshire’s best four star hotels, shortlisted for Large Hotel of the Year 2015, 2016 and 2017.
If you need a hotel room, stay overnight in our feature-packed manor in the most comfortable of beds. Set in the peaceful suburbs of Halifax, and equidistant between Leeds and Manchester, you can be in the cities of Bradford and Leeds or Huddersfield in half an hour. Most of Yorkshire's top attractions are less than an hour's drive, making Holdsworth House perfectly located for exploring the region.
38 HOTEL ROOMS
- Traditionally styled, with a wealth of unique features
- Ground and first floor rooms
- Ground floor Accessible room
- Selected dog friendly rooms
- Free parking for 60 cars
- Full Yorkshire or continental breakfast included
- Free broadband WIFI
- 24-hour room service
- Welcome glass of wine on check-in Sundays to Thursdays
- Luxury White Company toiletries
Snug Double Rooms
Our standard double rooms have a full size double bed and en suite shower or bathroom.
House Double or Twin Rooms
House rooms are a little more spacious and can be prepared as double or twin bedded rooms.
The ultimate in luxury, our Suites offer something unique. Some Suites are split-level with a lounge area and have a double half-tester or four-poster bed. Our Executive Suites are extra spacious with sofa beds.
All rooms are individually decorated. Hover over the images below to see example room types.
All our hotel room bookings include a full, cooked-to-order Yorkshire breakfast or continental selection if you’d prefer.
Room service is available at no extra charge.
Monday to Friday: 7.00am – 9.30am
Saturdays an Sundays: 8.00am – 10.00am
Earlier breakfasts can be arranged or a ‘breakfast on the go’ can be packed up for you.
Children are welcome at Holdsworth House. We have a selection of rooms that can accommodate one extra bed or one cot/crib. Four Suites offer a double sofa bed or choose an interconnecting room for older children. Our reception cloakroom offers baby changing facilities.
- Sofa bed (in Suites only): maximum 1 adult £50.00 or up to 2 children £25.00 each, including breakfast.
- Child sharing a parent’s room on a fold-up bed £20.00 per night, including breakfast
- Travel cots can be provided for £10.00 per night.
- Interconnecting rooms are both charged at the full room price.
A Dog Friendly Hotel
A selection of rooms are allocated to guests travelling with well-behaved dogs.
A charge £10.00 is made per dog per night. Our four-legged friends receive a welcome treat on arrival and have the loan of a feeding and water bowl, sleeping blanket and travel cage if required. We have plenty of dog-waste bags, a special waste bin and there’s a sausage for breakfast for any dog allowed one!
Local parks for walking dogs
Please note dog control orders in place in all Calderdale parks.
There is an Accessible bedroom on the ground floor with spacious en suite shower rooms. A designated accessible parking space is available close to the rear hotel entrance. There is an accessible cloakroom facility is in reception.
We will assist any guest wherever we can. If you have any specific requirements please get in touch by telephone prior to your arrival on +44 (0)1422 240024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, as a Grade II listed building Holdsworth House does not have a lift and there are stairs leading to and from the restaurant and some function rooms. Our teams are trained in assisting guests with mobility concerns; wheelchair ramps are also available upon request.
You always get the best rate by booking direct but if you regularly travel to Halifax for business see if you qualify for a special corporate rate.
Booking Terms & Conditions
Making your stay as comfortable as possible.
- Check-in is from 2.00pm and check out is 11.00am;
- You’ll need a credit card to secure your booking;
- You can cancel up to 24-hours in advance of your stay unless otherwise stated when booking or on your confirmation, after this time the full cost will be charged to your card;
- All extras must be settled in full prior to departure;
- As a hotel popular for weddings, we have a policy of one bride/groom per night. Regrettably no other brides/grooms are permitted to stay or use the facilities within the same 24-hour period of a wedding taking place at the hotel;
- Bed and Breakfast per room per night including VAT.
- Snug Double £210.00
- House Double £250.00
- Suite £295.00
- Early check-in £20.00 per room*
- Late check-out £20.00 per room*
* Subject to availability please check before booking.