Our 2021 wedding diary is now open. But you don’t have to be getting married to enter our competition, everyone has the same chance of winning. To enter, simply provide us with your name and email address below. Closing date 31 August 2019
Prizes to be Won!
Overnight stay and romantic dinner for two with Private Butler Service (the perfect way to pop the question!)
Dinner for two in the award-winning Holdsworth House restaurant
Traditional afternoon tea for two in the hall or gardens
- “Promoter” = Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant Co. Ltd, Halifax, HX2 9TG, England (Holdsworth House)
- This Promotion is open to residents of United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 BST on 5 March 2019 and 23.59 GMT on 31 August 2019.
- No purchase is necessary, but Internet access is required.
- To Enter: The entrant must Tag a friend in the social media post and supply their first name and email address on the competition entry page. Alternatively, postal entries are accepted at Wedding Competition, Holdsworth House Hotel, Halifax, HX2 9TG.
- One entry per person; multiple entries will be discounted.
- Prizes: First prize 1 x overnight stay at Holdsworth House two people in a House double room and three-course a la carte dinner and a bottle of house Champagne in the Stone Gazebo with private butler service or in a private dining room; Second prize 1 x three-course a la carte dinner for two in the restaurant; Third prize 1 x afternoon tea for two in the restaurant.
- Prizes will be awarded in the form of a voucher valid for 12 months.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, exclude transfers and any extras taken, and there is no cash alternative.
- Preferred dates for taking the prizes are subject to availability.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Please allow 28 days for delivery of prize vouchers from the date of winner acceptance.
- Winner Selection: All valid entries received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period will be entered into the prize draw to be drawn by 07 September 2019 at random by a member of Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant Co. Ltd or it’s marketing agency.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be contacted via the email details provided upon entry and will be required to respond to confirm postal address, eligibility plus acceptance of the prize within 14 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the 14 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to an alternate winner selected in the same manner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries that do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using any means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion or disrupt the competition in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or generally for intent as well as for gross negligence.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- Winners may be requested to participate in reasonable publicity arising from the promotion.
- Winners’ names will be available by emailing email@example.com a period of 2 months after the Promotion Period closing date.
- By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is governed by English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.