Jobs & Recruitment
Holdsworth House Hotel prides itself on not only the quality of the product but in the quality and selecting of the personnel who play such an integral role in the success of the business.
Family owned for 50 years Holdsworth House bases staff selection on two key criteria: honesty and trust. There are lots of great reasons to join the Holdsworth House team, including:
- Competitive salary
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform
- Free use of Wi-Fi during break periods
- Inclusion in Holdsworth House Pension Scheme*
- Discounted room rates for friends & family
- 20 days holiday and Bank Holidays
- Quarterly bonus scheme available to selected positions based on company performance
- Up to 50 % discount on food and beverage
- Annual staff Christmas lunch
- Annual development reviews
- Fantastic career prospects as we aim to home grow our managers of the future
*Employees earning over £10,000pa and aged between 22 years and state pension age qualify for the pension scheme
Please forward completed forms and CVs by post to: Richard Christie General Manager, Holdsworth House, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9TG
FULL TIME CHEF DE PARTIE
We’re looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Chef de Partie to join our busy 2 AA rosette team and oversee a section of the kitchen, delivering high end banqueting and restaurant food year round.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Helping to manage and training any apprentices
- Helping the head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
You will need to have good physical health, as you will be on your feet for most of the shift. You also need to be good at working in a team. If you are interested in applying please contact our General Manager Richard Christie on 01422 240024
FOOD AND BEVERAGE ASSISTANT
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, passionate people to work in our busy Food & Beverage department.
The duties will include working in the Bar, Banqueting, and our 2 Rosette Restaurant.
The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a fast paced environment, be able to work great in a team driven environment and possess the desire to ensure our guests expectations are always exceeded.
Experience is preferred, however not essential as full training will be given.
We are currently looking to recruit a part time Night Porter to aid the smooth operation of this busy 4* hotel.
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, possess the ability to think ahead, and adaptable.
The general duties will include;
• Being responsible for the security and safety of the hotel and our guests whilst on shift
• Forward planning and the preparation of the hotel for the needs of the business
• The ability to deal with, and resolve, any guest queries
• Assist in all areas of the hotel, including F&B, as and when required
We are always recruiting for ambitious waiting and bar staff, whether local to the area or on a gap year from abroad, if you are of smart appearance, polite, confident and articulate then please submit an application direct to personnel stating the department or position you are applying for. Please contact the Hotel for an application form or click here to download it.