Jobs & Recruitment
Holdsworth House Hotel prides itself on not only the quality of the product but in the quality and selecting of the personnel who play such an integral role in the success of the business.
Family owned for 50 years Holdsworth House bases staff selection on two key criteria: honesty and trust.
Food & Beverage Manager (March 2014)
Job Purpose: To ensure service delivery at every point of sale including a stunning 2 rosette restaurant, busy banqueting operation and associated bar dispense within the Food and Beverage Department. He or she therefore manages and co-ordinates the Food and Beverage Department.
- To ensure that the customer promise is delivered and that customers are satisfied within the framework of financial targets set.
- To ensure that guests receive high quality service
- To ensure that the applicable regulations are complied with
- To be responsible for his or her own results
- To optimise the supply chain and the use made of raw materials
- Team management, leadership & team player
- A liking for organisational work
- Effective management: delivering profit centre profitability
- Sales ability
- Adaptability: coping with the diversity of customers and their needs
- Sensitivity to customers: good relationship skills
- Spirit of initiative
- Financial awareness
- A-levels (professional) in service-related subjects
- Significant food and beverage experience (5 years)
- Experience of working in positions of high responsibility in the hotel or food and beverage sectors and managing teams of at least 20 staff
We are always recruiting for ambitious waiting and bar staff, whether local to the area or on a gap year from abroad, if you are of smart appearance, polite, confident and articulate then please submit an application direct to personnel stating the department or position you are applying for. Please contact the Hotel for an application form or click here to download it.
Please forward completed forms and CVs by post to: Richard Christie General Manager, Holdsworth House, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX2 9TG